Boulder Digital Arts offers a 3 hour lecture style workshop on Google AdWords. You may be asking yourself why should I advertise on Google AdWords? Below are a few reasons:
- 66.2% of searches online are on Google
- If you include AOL and Ask that number jumps to 70.2% market share. Google syndicates their search results out to AOL and Ask and thousands more. You will notice when you do a search on AOL for e.g. it will say powered by Google.
- There is no minimum spend. Regardless of whether your budget for advertising is $50 a month or $5 million a month, Google makes allowances for all budget levels.
- You can choose your own daily budget. If you have $250 a month for advertising you can make sure that Google does not spend more than $8.22 a day.
- You can choose how much you want to pay per click. Google’s system is a bidding system. If you want to be in the top results for certain keywords they you will need to bid higher than the other advertisers on the page.
- You only pay for clicks not impressions. Impressions is when your text ad is visible on the search results page, regardless of whether someone clicks or not. Impressions are free exposure to your brand and offer brand recall qualities.
- Google supplies you with lots of data so you can optimize your spend and bid on keywords that generate revenue for you and learn which keywords you might want to remove because they don’t work.
- Search itself offers a greater return on investment than other digital channels:
Wordstream put together a great infographic on what is Google and how the auction works. Enjoy.